Wednesday, May 23, 2012

5/23/12

Noon Position: 39 59' S, 153 31' W, SOG 5.6, COG 090, Day's Run 130nm,
Week's Run 937nm. This concludes the first week in the past month that
I've run over 800nm, also the first week that I've actually been able to
sail downwind. In eating a pack of WASA cardboard-crackers, I've
discovered one of the secrets of dieting: The "light" version of the
crackers are no more card-boardy than the normal crackers, just half as
thick. Same number of calories in a package, just twice as many
crackers, so I don't get as fat per cracker, although how anyone could
do much more than waste away eating even the normal crackers I'm not
sure. I brought a bunch of them because I thought they'd last better
than wheat thins and triscuits and chex mix, which has not proved to be
the case, but my enthusiasm for the more delicious crackers has left me
with a solid wall full of bricks of rye crisps that I now am starting to
gnaw my way through, normal and "light" alike.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha man knowing you, the Triscuits, Wheat Thins, and Chex Mix were gone before you lost sight of California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crack open a can of those beans and make some hummus to put on them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read the "food" portion of your "book." I've
    always wondered about provisioning for such a long trip.
    Stay safe...

    ReplyDelete