Friday, July 6, 2012


Noon Position: 13 05' N, 116 22' W, SOG 5, COG 045, Day's Run 42nm.
Wednesday afternoon the trades came back, and I had a glorious 8 hours
of sailing on smooth seas before I decided to heave to, due to the
approach of Daniel, which can't seem to make up its mind whether to
become a hurricane or not. So, instead of making two good days of
sailing, I spent 30 of the last 48 hours hove to, just waiting, and
finally this morning was able to start sailing north again to pass up
the backside of Daniel as it passes north of us today. So far the
weather has been decent - 25-30 kts of wind, 8-10 foot seas from all
directions, which makes for a bumpy ride, but nothing real big, and not
enough wind to make anything really start breaking. We may see a bit
more breeze tonight as we get a bit closer, but we're now very much on
the right side of the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment